Can you believe we’re already a month into the new year?! Honestly, I can’t believe how fast the time flies. It’s been a month of getting back into the swing of things. Back into daily routines – waking up early, commuting to school, going to work, packing lunches and basically having no social life. Sounds wonderful doesn’t it? But let me tell you this: it doesn’t have to be one big giant eye roll. We have the power to make each and every day amazing because we are in control of our lives. YOU have the power to change your attitude and make every day a great one!
Since this time of the year is usually chaotic, I like to adopt a couple practices to help make my life, well…a little bit less chaotic. This year I’ve decided to focus on journaling. There’s something about getting my thoughts onto paper that makes me feel lighter. For the longest time, I’ve always found comfort in writing. So this year, one of my New Years Resolutions (that I’m actually sticking to) is to journal every single day. I know what you’re thinking, “what do you write about every day??” Well, I usually write about my day, thoughts I’ve had or hopes/dreams I have for the future. Like I said, it’s just a way to get my thoughts out of my brain and onto paper.
If you’re not the type to pick up a journal and just start writing, I’ve got just the thing for you. Below you’ll find a list of journal prompts to start off the New Year.
– How can I take care of myself mentally, physically and emotionally this year?
– How many times will I practice my self-care routines?
– What self-care practices have I seen other people do? Am I willing to try them?
– Am I going to focus on strengthening current relationships or building new ones this year? How can I do that?
– What type of relationships do I value more – friendships or romantic relationships?
– What are qualities I look for in friends and partners?
– What are 3 skills I want to master this year?
– Who can I look to as a role model, mentor or influence this year?
– What personal philosophy am I going to adopt this year?
– What is my favourite quality about myself?
– What stands between my happiness and me? How can I bridge the gap?
– What are some of the things I don’t like about myself? How can I improve on this and work towards a loving, healthy relationship with myself?
– What are my hobbies/interests? How can I make time for them this year?
– What are some of my favourite memories from last year? How can I make more great memories this year?
– What is one adventure I want to embark on this year?
– What is my personal reason for making money? What are some ways to produce more income or save more money?
– Where do I want to be with my finances at the end of this year?
– Am I happy with where I am with my finances right now?
– What are my work goals for this year? How can I achieve them?
– Am I satisfied with my job, work, or career path?
– What can I do to ensure I get the most out of my daily work schedule?
I hope you’ve enjoyed browsing through my list of journal prompts and hopefully they can be of guidance to you in 2019.